Tuesday 22 April 2014

An Introduction

I'm not a regular blogger.  I just don't have time.  I thought I would give it a try with my other page, Ramblings on the Run, but I'm running more than I'm rambling.

I am, however, trying to make more time for my hobbies, which include baking, sewing, dolls and photography.  Not easy, seeing as I work outside my home and have children.  So, posts to either blog may be spotty at best.

The idea for this blog came from a discovery while starting the spring cleaning.  My fabric inventory needs to be (better) organized, and while doing that, I remembered my collection of Teen Skipper dolls.  I started buying them as I had purchased one as a gift for the daughter of a friend, and discovered that there was little available in the way of clothing for this doll and practically no commercial patterns to be found anywhere (please keep in mind that this was before so many crafty people started sharing online).  My first Teen Skipper was bought so that I could make clothing for this friend.  In fact, that doll started my now, er, large collection of fashion dolls, which is, in itself, a post for another day.

Anyway, I found the box where I have my Teen Skippers and spent some time with them, marvelling over their hair, faces, clothing and accessories.  Mattel doesn't make this particular doll any more - Skipper has been modified and modernized with a new head mold, body and hair colour.

Spending time with Teen Skipper made me think I should find a way to document my collection, hence this blog.  It is my hope to be able to post information about the various dolls I've collected, and hopefully learn more about them.

So that is my introduction.  How long it will be before I can make my next post is a mystery to me, but I'll try to make it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment